Saturday, March 22, 2008

Oh, the Heartbreak!!

I went and took my beloved shelter pup out for a really long walk today. About 3 hours. We went off of our normal route of the forest trail in favour of walking the length of a road that would eventually (1.5 hours on), lead us back to the canyon trail.

We had a great time. We stop at designated places and just sit, the two of us. That's sort of our cool-down period, plus, neither of us wants to take her back to the shelter.

Today, we get back and there is a family looking for a dog. I keep Sierra to the side, because, well, I want to adopt her. Unfortunately this family sees her and comes over...UUUGGHH! My den-momma heart felt like breaking. I kept thinking: you don't want her, she's too big, she's middle aged, you want a younger dog. I HOPE & PRAY that I will be able to adopt her.

I guess that may sound mean (me wanting her), but she's been there 2 months (and I'm one of the few people who walk her, and apparently her favourite), not many people have looked at her. Her first family didn't come to find her, and here I am, going to see her almost everyday, and someone may try to take that away from both of us??? When I said goodbye to her, she kept trying to get to me, even with everyone else around her petting her.

I love that pup and really do want to adopt her. I just need a couple of months to get some things squared away. At least with Sierra in my life, I now have incentive.

TO THE FAMILY THAT LOOKED AT SIERRA: PLEASE LOOK AT TAKING A YOUNGER DOG, OR JUST ANOTHER DOG.

No comments: