Sunday, March 23, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

This morning I called the shelter to see if Sierra was still there and if she could go out for a walk. I was worried because yesterday a family had looked at her. But my pup was there, eagerly awaiting me.

I was really sad last night, and I knew I had to do something to find a new place to live, so I could adopt her first. I phoned a collegue because he told me at one time that the complex he lives in allows pets, but also, I may be able to get into a rent-to-own situation, or, he knew someone else who wants a tenant for a basement suite. The suite has it's own entry and access to the yard. So I prayed and prayed last night for Sierra to still be at the shelter (I had tears in my eyes when I called and she was there). I admit it, I love that pooch. And yes, I'd move to accommodate adopting her!

When I went to get her, I told the shelter people about it, so hopefully they won't show her to anyone else. Unfortunately, I can't make any calls until Tuesday (Mon. being a holiday for alot of people), and believe me, it can't come soon enough.

Next, I need to get the puppy goodies...sleeping mat, chew toys, etc. I plan to put her on the bones and raw food diet, so I need the book Give Your Dog a Bone. Also, I think I'll need to start buying the magazine Fido Friendly. It's all about places you can travel where dogs are welcome.

I'm so excited. I feel like nothing can stop me now.

Sierra's been a good incentive for me to move. I've hated where I live for a really long time now. Every year I say "I gotta move out, I've gotta find somewhere better", and I've been here RENTING, for 21 years!!!! So now I have more reasons for moving than just for me.

I hope I can get into a rent-to-own, I know these are hard to find, but it would be perfect and at least I would own it...eventually.

Wish Me Luck

No comments: