Thursday, May 22, 2008

More about Sierra




Ok, Ok, I know that a blog devoted almost entirely to a dog can be a bit boring, but for anyone who owns a dog, you know how much fun they can be.



Today I took Sierra back to visit the shelter before we started our 1 1/2 hour walk. Everyone there was happy to see her, more importantly, she was happy to see them! That's how you know the shelter people are good! They were oohing and aahing over how beautiful her coat is and how she is loosing weight and firming up.

We've found out something very important about our pup...she's afraid of load sharp noises. My Mom was preparing asparagus for dinner, snapping them instead of cutting them. When she snapped the first one, Sierra got up, ran upstairs and hid! It took both of us to coax her down again. Then, when Mom closed a book a little too loudly, Sierra did it again. Maybe that is how she became lost the first time, a firecracker or gunshot and she bolted. Poor baby. She also prefers to sleep near or always be near someone. That's ok by me! I like having her sleep beside the bed.


I let her off-leash again, and she was a gem..as always. She had so much fun with the other dogs, oh and the river!!!! Amazing how she lives to wade in the river, but doesn't like a bath very much.

I still haven't heard from the bank about a mortgage. I remember years ago going in to see about qualifying for one and being told that I wouldn't be given very much, somewhere around $100,000 only. You couldn't buy a tent here for that. When I asked why someone with A-1 credit (perfect), a steady job who has never defaulted on any loan couldn't get more than $100,000, I was told " let's face it, you could get pregnant, then who'd pay the mortgage?" It didn't matter to them that I wasn't going to have kids.

A fellow I know who had horrible credit, was making less an hour than I was, was told by a bank that he would qualify for a mortgage of over $200,000. A guy with BAD CREDIT and they would trust him more than me, a woman with PERFECT CREDIT??? Of course the bank only saw my sex...a woman buy by herself? no way! Thankfully things have changed since then. But I wonder how much.
Wish me luck!




No comments: