Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How Odd!!


So I went to see my beloved pup at the shelter today. I only had half an hour for lunch, so decided to go and play with her for a bit. We had a great time, as I was leaving, I see this guy walk through the gate of the shelter and directly to Sierra. I think; HOW ODD!. Usually people come to the reception area first. I was in the reception area and I could hear her barking...not a happy bark, but a bit of a distress one. So I walk back out and see this guy at her dog run. Naturally, being her den mom, I walk over to see what this guy is doing. She doesn't pay any attention to him, she sees me and is jumping and running around (at the fence). Then this guy askes if she can go for a walk. I tell him to talk to the people at reception. Then tell him that I'm going to be adopting her soon.

He talks to me for a minute about how he can't have a dog right now, and coming down to see the dogs is the only joy he gets now. Anyways, I say goodbye to my pup again, and this guy and I walk away. I go back into reception and he leaves. Turns out this guy was pushing a shopping buggy...homeless.

Makes me wonder if he was Sierra's guardian before she was found as a stray. He didn't say anything about that, but I got to wondering later when I remembered her barking, etc.

I'm so happy I'll be able to adopt her. I've already gotten her food bowl, and a tug-of-war rope, plus a couple other little things.

I've been reading up on the RAW diet, also asking around. Looks like for her size I'll have to feed her around 8 cups of food a day. 4 in the morn and 4 in the evening (although if I feed her kibble, it's only a third of the amount...lots of fillers). She's older and not quite so active (not that she doesn't want to be). This is going to be a great learning experience...for both of us.

Wish Me Luck

No comments: