Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Countdown Starts


The Sierra Chronicles.

I went out today looking at town houses for poochie and I and may have found one. It has 3 bedrooms and a small fenced yard, nice little kitchen, and one of the best bits...it backs onto a green belt. Forest everywhere, trails of all kinds. Just right for an adventurous pooch and her guardian. Now my parents tell me they've heard of a couple places near them going up for private sale. I'll find out sometime next week, I hope one of them is in my price range. So I'll wait a bit on making my decision.

In the meantime, May 10th is the official day I adopt Sierra. This is proving to be the longest month in my personal history. Waiting isn't always hard, but for this puppy it is. So to help me feel better, I bought her her walking harness this past week, it's called a Sensi-ble harness. It goes around her chest and front legs, and snaps on at her underbelly. It's the same as the shelter uses for her. Today I bought her a 42" circular sleeping pillow at Costco for only $20.99. I'm amazed that they could have something that size at such a low price, considering that if you went to a pet store for one like it, you'd be paying almost $60.00 if not more.

Today on the trail we were sitting on a bench having a rest when these 2 women (Mom & daughter?) walked by with a 1 1/2 yr old dog. Can't remember what mix, but border collie and something seems to stick. Anyways, the dog decided to come see Sierra for a visit, they started playing while I spoke with the Mom & daughter. It was really cute watching the two play; Sierra outweighs and out-sizes the other dog, but played only as rough as the other one. While all this was going on a guy with what looked like a shepherd, collie, wolf cross walks by. His dog isn't on a leash. It runs up and starts to go after the younger dog, Sierra jumps off the bench, stood in front of the younger one and was ready to attack. I've never seen her like that. She is so protective. The Mom & daughter commented on how amazed they were that Sierra just jumped up to protect their dog. Of course all the OOHH's and AAH's started. The other dog walked away with it's guardian, the guy never even appologised. Didn't put it on a leash either.

Wonder if they will be on the trail tomorrow.

In the meantime, Wish Us Luck!

No comments: